Monday, January 10, 2011

Brief Thoughts as I Process a Wonderful Day

Tonight Beth, Ashleigh, and I attended my ordination service. I was unaware of almost all of the details of the event since Pastor John & Linda coordinated it with our elders and many other wildly gifted and tireless people.

The feelings that I have after being honored and commissioned by people that I deeply admire is hard to describe. Beth and I have so much respect for the men and women that filled the sanctuary this evening. To be told that we have positively impacted them in any way toward Christ is humbling.

I want to say a great big thank you to:
*Everyone that spoke during the ceremony, especially Beth.
*The elders and staff of RFC that not only put the whole night together but also overlook my considerable weaknesses.
*Those who gave their time and effort away to bake 300+ incredible cupcakes, make excellent coffee, beautify the Fellowship Hall, and create the most spiritual and artistic certificate that I have ever seen. What a way to spend your birthday Holly Holladay!
*Everyone who came and participated with Beth, Ashleigh, and I. From the worship to the hugs - it felt like God was interacting with us and through us together.
*God. Your presence makes everything wonderful. Thank you for your mercy and undeserved kindness. 

I don't know if it is possible for me to feel more loved, humbled and honored than I do right now. I am overwhelmed in a very positive way. You see, my two primary ways that I feel loved are by receiving kind, affirming words and by physical touch. If there is such a thing as a love tank, mine is bursting as I write this.

We are so blessed to be in a family like this!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! It is so right that you be honored at Redeemer in this way. God is very pleased with you: your passion, zeal, deep thinking, humor, love for people, love for God. It is right that you were ordained in a way that you had no idea what was going to happen. It was right for you to experience your love tank overflowing. Add a strong, hard, long and across the world hug from all of us in Bangkok who love you and love what you do for Jesus.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger