Thursday, January 27, 2011

1 Thumb up & 1 Thumb Down so far...

One of the books I am currently reading is Victorious Eschatology by Harold Eberle and Martin Trench. What makes this book unusual for me is that I am finding myself both agreeing and disagreeing vigorously with the authors, sometimes within the same paragraph. It is common for me to have minor differences of opinion as I read especially since I often purposefully select reading material that will challenge my paradigm.

I think Victorious Eschatology does a fantastic job working through the words of Jesus in Matthew 24 and putting them into a historical context with the first century. At the same time, I am uncomfortable with the dominionist tone that the chapters covering John's revelation seem to have.

The good news for me is that my internal cheering and arguing is keeping the pages turning and my interest intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger