Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Fist Pump of God

On Saturday I was at the GodWorks meal at the Salvation Army Church in Monroe. I talked with a woman that I have known for over 30 years. She was recently homeless and has been able to get her own apartment recently. She told me that she has no dishes and no bed and asked if I knew of any organizations that could help. I gave her a couple of ideas but in my heart I prayed, "Lord, would you provide for these things?"



I am so thankful for organizations that help people in need, but my desire in this instance was for God to provide in a more personal way. Over the past few days the bed and dishes have been on my mind often.



This morning I received a message from another follower of Jesus saying that he has a bunch of dishes, pots and Tupperware to give away if I know of anyone that could use them. I pumped my fist while reading my computer screen.



This afternoon I received another message letting me know that a bed was being given to the lady. At this point I am fist-pumping and looking for someone to high-five. If I had a ball I would have spiked it.



Other than Beth, I told no one else of the need. Within three days the need was being met. God's Kingdom is going forward. May there be more fist-pumping in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger