Thursday, November 26, 2009

My Heart's Memory and Randomness

Gratitude is the heart's memory. -French Proverb

Today I am grateful for many things. God's incomprehensible mercy on me, Beth, Ash, God-given children, my family (biological & beyond), John & Linda, those I witness following Jesus through failures, hardships, and successes without relenting - I look at you as heroes, fresh coffee, fantasy football, the coming snow, my phone, God's goodness in the past, the promises I am expectantly awaiting fulfillment of in the future, a Kingdom that has purpose and meaning, that this time next year I will be more like Him than I am today, and much much more.

Some recent observations:

Marvin Gaye's cover of Yesterday by The Beatles is different than the original and enjoyable.
Huey Lewis' cover of The Beatles Oh Darling is not surprisingly far less enjoyable to me.
I am not sure that the duration of Jesus' ministry was 3.5 years. I know it's commonly stated as fact, however I don't see it being that clear based on the accounts in M, M, L, & J.
I use more hyperbole than anyone in the whole world.
If you are interested in being truly unique and doing what no one else is doing; read my blog.
The devil is less fascinating than ever. It's like watching Rocky V or Godfather III but worse. The packaging looks the same but it's a hollow perversion of the original. (That was a poor analogy but it gave me a chance to insult both the devil and the two films that I wish had never been made - I would rather watch Charles Grodin play Neo in the next Matrix installment.
I am amazed by how much that is called prophecy looks nothing like 1 Corinthians 14:3.
If I can see through the carafe, dump it out and brew again.
I am really looking forward to experiencing (I expect it to be a experience) Tim Curry's project, "Dying for Love" on December 6 @ RFC.
I love teaching and being a part of RMS (redeemerministryschool.com).
I believe the revival in K.C. is connected directly to Kel Reaume.
Beth is really cute when she makes analogies regarding The Trinity.
The presence of football causes me to stop typing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger